1. Snag a great deal on a cruise. If you book through a travel agent who specializes in cruises, you can get as much as 50 percent off published fares. To find these agents log on to cruising.org. You can also have travel agents compete to offer you the best deal on a cruise package at cruisecompete.com.
2. Get the lowest airfares online. Many Web sites, such as Low Cost Holidays and Expedia, automatically search for the best daily fares, but sites such as airfarewatchdog.com and farecompare.com often find deals that the big sites miss because they scan every airline's fares continuously.
3. Save big on hotel rooms. Hotels presell millions of their rooms to large hotel booking sites that pass the savings of as much as 50 percent off published rates to you. Two sites for such deals are hotels.com and hotelsweep.com.
4. Book last-minute travel deals. If you are able to be flexible and can travel within 30 days of booking a vacation, you can save 50 percent or more off regular rates. Visit evrentals.com/last-minute-vacations for deals on rental condos and time-shares.
5. Skip baggage fees. Many carriers charge £25 or more per checked bag. Cut down on those fees by flying on airlines that first checked bag is free. You can get airline credit card with Delta or American Airlines which lets you check your first bag for free.
6. Eat out for less. By printing vouchers for your favorite restaurants from sites such as restaurant.com and groupon.com, you can save as much as £25 off a meal at any of the thousands of eateries in their listings.
7. Go off-airport to save on car rentals. If you rent a car from a local car rental agency or dealership, you can save £50 or more per day. For example, check out deals at toyota.com/rental.
For more ways to spend less and save more check out Essence Magazine - Jordan.E Goodman